Thursday, May 20, 2010

best compliment EVER

SO i feel the need to clarify my last post due to some confusion (i love you guys, Brent and i had a very good laugh over this) I was actually not aware anyone read my blog so did not really think anything of posting the poem that I had written. I had written it last year in response to a horrid nightmare i had had about my boyfriend, Brent, dying in a car wreck. I created the poem to be neutral so the reader could place themselves within it. I also found that as it turned out it goes through each of the stages of grief. The main reason I posted it was because it was our anniversary, and im very proud of the way this poem turned out. It means alot to me sentimentally and also academically i feel it is one of the best things I have ever written. That being said, I never intend to kill brent or want him dead (he was very appreciative of this). That would make me very sad...so now in keeping with my motief

Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

Im having trouble of finding what to say tonight , so until next time
good night

No comments: